Old wives tales about baby’ s gender
Did you just know whether you were having a boy or a girl before your baby was born? Or if you are still pregnant, do you have an inkling of what sex it will be? There are plenty of old wives tales around. Some of the more outlandish are listed below:
It’s a girl if:
- You had morning sickness early in pregnancy.
- Your belly looks like a watermelon.
- Your baby’s heart rate is at least 140 beats per minute.
- Your hair develops red highlights (?!)
- You are craving sweets.
- Your face breaks out more than usual.
- You don’t look quite as good as normal during pregnancy.
It’s a boy if:
- You didn’t experience morning sickness in early pregnancy.
- Your belly looks like a basketball.
- Your baby’s heart rate is less than 140 beats per minute.
- The hair on your legs has grown faster during pregnancy.
- You are craving salty or sour foods.
- Your hands are very dry.
- Pregnancy has you looking better than ever.
Personally, I had morning sickness and ended up having a boy. However, I did crave salty foods and I did look better than ever, because my normally oily-spotty skin turned beautifully balanced ‘normal’ skin.
Did you find any truth in the above old wives tales, or are they just a bit of fun? Have you heard any other interesting ones?